TERMS SPECIFIC TO USERS OF MOBILE APPLICATIONS
In addition to all the remaining Terms herein, if you are downloading a mobile application provided by us, you understand and agree that we have no obligation to maintain, support, upgrade or update any mobile applications that we provide. It is also possible that as you download a mobile application, you may be asked to agree to terms in addition to these Terms regarding collection of information, including location information or warranties. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms you agree to at the time of downloading, the agreed to downloading terms will control. You understand and acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider (“Mobile Provider”) will continue to apply when using the downloaded mobile application. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the mobile application and you accept responsibility for any such charges. You acknowledge that if you are downloading a mobile application through Apple iTunes or Google Play, neither Apple nor Google have an obligation to provide any support or maintenance services in relations to our mobile applications. If you have maintenance or support questions in relation to one of our mobile applications, contact us at 1.800.885.3216.
All content included on this Site, such as HTML code, scripts, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video, software created to provide mobile applications and audio (collectively, “Materials”), is our property or the property of our content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is our property or the property of our service provider or its suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Black & Decker retains all rights regarding its trademarks, trade names, brand names, logos and trade dress. These marks, names or trade dress, and all associated logos or images, are registered and/or common law trademarks, and are protected by U.S. and international laws and treaties. No license to the use of such marks, names or trade dress is granted to you under these terms and conditions or by your use of this Site. Your misuse of the trademarks, trade names, brand names, or trade dress displayed on this Site is strictly prohibited.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site. No right, title or interest in our Materials is conveyed to you. You may not download (other than page caching) or modify this Site, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Site or its Materials; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this Site or its Materials; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, published, displayed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Black & Decker.
Special Notice: We have a no-tolerance policy regarding the use of our trademarks or names in metatags and/or hidden text. Specifically, the use of our trademarks or names in metatag keywords is trademark infringement, and the use of trademarks or names in page text, metatags, and/or hidden text for purposes of gaining higher rankings from search engines is unfair competition. You may not, without our express written consent, do any of the following: (a) link to any web page on this Site; (b) use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing our name or trademarks; or (c) frame, inline link or utilize other techniques to associate or juxtapose any of our trademarks, logos, or other Materials with advertisements and/or other information not originating from our Site.
Any unauthorized use terminates your limited license, and we may revoke this limited license at any time for any or no reason. In the event of a violation of these Terms, Black & Decker reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity. Black & Decker retains the right at our sole discretion to deny access to anyone to this Site, at any time and for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of these Terms. You are also advised that Black & Decker will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of civil remedies and criminal prosecution.
COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
The Site may permit visitors to submit reviews, suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, photographs, images, videos, or other information (“User Submissions”). You understand that such User Submissions may be accessed and viewed by others, including by the general public, and, whether or not such User Submissions are published, Black & Decker does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of publishing them on the Site. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or remove any User Submission. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Submissions posted by you or any third party.
By posting or submitting User Submissions, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant us an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right, but not obligation, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, display, perform, exhibit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the User Submissions, in whole or in part, throughout the world in any media or technology now known or hereafter developed for any purpose whatsoever without any payment to or further authorization by you. You grant us and our sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent and warrant that: (i) the content of your User Submission(s) is original (no lifts from previously published material, including music); (ii) you own all right, title and interest to your User Submission(s) and have the sole and exclusive right (including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights embodied by the User Submissions or represented by such User Submissions) to license all of the rights therein to Black & Decker as set forth in the license granted above; (iii) the content of the User Submission(s) is accurate; (iv) use of your User Submission on the Site or otherwise by Black & Decker, in whole or in part, will not infringe upon the rights of any third party including, without limitation, any intellectual property or privacy rights; (v) you have obtained written permission from any other person named, photographed or otherwise depicted or whose voice is used in your User Submission(s) which will allow Black & Decker to utilize the User Submission(s) without compensation or objection; and (vi) you will indemnify us for all claims resulting from your User Submission(s).
PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE
You shall not post, transmit, redistribute, upload, or promote any communications, content or materials that (a) are illegal, obscene, vulgar, profane, indecent, sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racially or ethnically derogatory, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable; (b) consist of or contain software viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software files, the intent of which is to damage or alter the operation of another’s computer; (c) contain political campaigning, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation to other users, individuals or entities; (d) contain chain letters, pyramid schemes, mass mailings, or any form of "spam"; (e) use a false email address, impersonates another person or entity, including our company and our employees or agents, or is otherwise misleading as to the origin of the content; (f) encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; (g) give rise to civil liability; (h) otherwise violate any law; or (i) in doing so, amounts to any conduct that, in the judgment of Black & Decker, restricts, impairs, interferes or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site and/or our related services and products.
NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Black & Decker does not permit copyright infringing activities on this Site and may remove any content of any kind, for example, if properly informed that the content infringes upon another's copyright rights. Black & Decker may terminate the ability to submit content if, under appropriate circumstances, a person submitting content to the Site is determined to be a repeat infringer.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the Site infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify Black & Decker by providing the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit Black & Decker to locate the same;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Black & Decker to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.
Attn: Robin Z. Weyand, Esquire
701 E. Joppa Road, Mail Stop No. TW230, Law Dept., Towson, Maryland 21286
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your notice may not be valid.
We attempt to be as accurate as possible regarding product descriptions, pricing and availability. However, unless specifically stated otherwise in writing on the Site, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. From time to time there may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. We reserve the right to make changes in information about price, description, or availability without notice. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product and/or refuse service to any customer. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on the Site; however, the actual color you will see will depend on many factors, including your computer, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display our colors. The inclusion of any products on this Site does not imply or warrant that these products will be available over the internet at any particular time.
Links may be established from this Site to one or more external websites or resources operated by third parties (the "Third Party Sites"). In addition, certain Third Party Sites also may provide links to the Site. None of such links should be deemed to imply that Black & Decker endorses the Third Party Sites or any content therein. Unless the link is to another Black & Decker website, Black & Decker does not control and is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Sites or any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such Third Party Sites. Access to any Third Party Sites is at your own risk and Black & Decker will have no liability arising out of or related to such websites and/or their content or for any damages or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any purchase, use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such Third Party Site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WEBSITE: THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, THEIR SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT FROM US ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
PRODUCTS: WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS SITE, OUR EXPRESS WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THOSE SPECIFIED WITH EACH PRODUCT. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENT, EVEN IF BLACK & DECKER IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting our Site, you agree that the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between us.
Any dispute between you and Black & Decker concerning this Site or the Materials located on this Site shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration as the sole and exclusive remedy for such controversy or dispute, provided, however that Black & Decker may commence action against you in a court of law for infringement of Black & Decker’s intellectual property rights. Any claim required to be submitted to arbitration shall be made by filing a demand for arbitration within one (1) year following the occurrence first giving rise to the claim. The right and duty of the parties to resolve disputes by arbitration shall be governed exclusively by the United States Federal Arbitration Act and will take place according to the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration will be held in Hartford, Connecticut. Each party shall bear all of its own costs of arbitration, except that the fees of the arbitrator shall be divided equally between the parties. The arbitrator shall have no authority to amend or modify the terms of this Agreement or to award punitive or exemplary damages, and the award may be enforced by judgment in a United States Court of Law.
OTHER TERMS, SITE MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
We may offer the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes or contests through the Site. In addition to these Terms, the sweepstakes or contests will be governed by terms and conditions specific to those sweepstakes or contests. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the terms and conditions for the sweepstakes or contest, the terms and conditions for the sweepstakes or contest will control.
If any provision in these Terms shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Last Update: March 2013
This policy provides the following:
1. What information does Black & Decker collect and how does Black & Decker use this information?
2. What information is collected by Black & Decker on its social media pages?
3. Does Black & Decker share your information with other third parties?
4. How do I stop Black & Decker from contacting me via e-mail in the future?
5. What about Black & Decker’s links to other sites?
7. How do we secure your information on our Websites?
8. Where should you direct your questions?
What information does Black & Decker collect and how does Black & Decker use this
Of course by visiting our Websites, you are under no obligation to provide any personal information to Black & Decker. However the information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience on our Websites.
You may choose not to provide certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Personal Information Collected If You Allow Us to Access Your Personal Information Through One of Your Social Media Accounts On Social Media Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Others (“Personal Social Media Accounts”)
- The type of personal information we request from you may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, as well as information related to customer satisfaction surveys, customer purchasing habits and other purchasing information, including registration of products purchased. If you are using one of our websites, microsites or mobile apps that allows purchases and you decide to make a purchase, we also collect credit card information so that we can complete your purchase.
- The email address you provide when making a purchase will be used both to send you a confirmation and to send you marketing emails as well. If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, please see “How do I stop Black & Decker from sending me marketing email in the future?” discussed below.
- Our Websites allow you to contact us directly with questions or comments regarding our products, services, Websites, warranty registration, surveys, contests, polls and emails. This process requires you to give certain personal information so that we may address your inquiry.
- We may conduct promotional sweepstakes or other contests on our Websites, which require personal information to be provided to qualify for participation in the promotion or contest.
- In an effort to continually improve our products and services, we may use your personal information to conduct Black & Decker market research and online surveys. This may include contacting recent and/or past visitors of our Websites who have provided personal information to Black & Decker.
- And we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information so we can personalize your experience with us and our communications to you. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
- Black & Decker may allow you to use your Personal Social Media Account information to provide us information requested when you participate in features on our Website, but we will specifically ask your permission prior to use of such information. If you chose to provide us information through your Personal Social Media Accounts, Black & Decker could collect some, and possibly all, of the data indicated on the Request for Permission screen that you click to grant us permission to collect this information.
This information could include: your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, birthday, likes, education history, work history, current city, hometown, interests, relationship status, and any other information you have shared with everyone on your Personal Social Media Accounts. Please keep in mind that your Personal Social Media Accounts may change the types of information that may be accessed when you use this process to provide us information, so you should carefully review the Request for Permission from your Personal Social Media Accounts prior to using this method of providing information to our Website. It is also possible that Black & Decker will be able to continue to collect this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology:
How We Use Information Gathered Through Technology:
- We collect navigational information such as browser type and version; the service provider used to access our Websites; whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites; and for visitors using a mobile version of our Websites, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Websites. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Websites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message and is used to collect the same type of information as collected by cookies.
- We may receive a confirmation through use of technology when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email. This helps us make our emails more useful and interesting.
- Our web servers may automatically monitor the number of visitors, the average time spent on the site, the popularity of our Websites, and any programming errors or failures on any of our Websites in order to determine the effectiveness of the Black & Decker Websites.
- Information gathered through technology allows us to determine such things as which parts of our Websites are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our Websites, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Websites. Cookies are also used to keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, and to tell us whether you have visited our Websites in the past.
- With knowledge we obtain through technology, we can improve the quality of our visitors’ experience on our Websites and through our emails by recognizing and delivering more of the most desired features and information, determining how to best direct visitors to our Websites, and, in some cases, resolving access difficulties. Information we collect through cookies or technology may be combined with other personal information you provide to us on our Websites.
What information is collected on Black & Decker’s social media pages?
Personal information may be collected directly by Black & Decker through Social Media Pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting the Black & Decker Social Media Page.
- The social media sites where Black & Decker has its Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to Black & Decker about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
What about Black & Decker’s links to other sites?
We may add external links to other Websites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content that may be on such linked sites. Additionally, the existence of any external link does not suggest that Black & Decker endorses the linked company, product or service.
How do we secure your information on our Websites?
We take the following security measures:. If you are using one of our Websites with an online store, we designed our online store to accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your information while it is being transmitted to us. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store section of our Websites. We also use firewalls and other technical, administrative and physical measures to protect the information that you provide to us.
While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
Where should you direct your questions?
Click here: http://bdk.force.com/FAQ/PKB_SubmitCase?brand=Black_Decker and enter your question. Or call 800-544-6986 | Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM EST
Last Updated: April 2013